In-process inspections is where AMREP Quality Representatives inspect products, materials, components and subassemblies as they move through the production line. The objectives of these inspections are to control process variability and to monitor your supplier’s production line conformance to your technical and quality specifications. It is a good way of preemptively identifying and resolving production problems.
AMREP’s in-process inspections are customer mandated and could have the following functions:
- Find the root causes of production defects detected during final inspections.
- Verify the execution of Corrective Action Reports (CAR) by the supplier’s production teams.
- Inspect and detect poor quality linkages at different production stations.
- Product and component quality inspection before assembly.
- Isolate supplier production weaknesses in the production system that lead to defects.
- Assist customer teams with failure and nonconforming material data recording and reporting.
In-process inspections can be used to reduce on-going 100% inspection of all production lots. It can be used with other AMREP Supplier Quality Control Services to bring the supplier into a state of quality self-control.
We match our in-process quality inspectors according to your technical and project requirements. All our inspectors will have the following competencies:
- Visual, dimensional and functional inspections
- Ability to read engineering drawings and blueprints
- Familiarity with standard inspection tools
- Good verbal communication skills
- Strong problem detection skills and good reporting capabilities
- Manufacturing and engineering experience
- Excellent knowledge of electrical and mechanical inspection requirements including J-STD-001, IPC-610 and MIL-STDs.